Top 5 Movies

  • Friday
  • The Hurricane
  • Through The Fire
  • Love Dont Cost A Thing
  • Walk The Line

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Christmas Pinata

Every Christmas Party
My Family gets a pinata
My uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents come to the party
All the kids get turns beating the pinata
It is my turn
I am handed the blue baseball bat
Ready to beat the devil out of that thing
I have three hits
only three hits to demolish it
The first barely leaves a mark
I look at the pinata and it seems to taunt me
The second leaves a small dent in the middle.
And out of no where, the third swing connects and the pinata is obliverated
Candy comes out like a giant waterfall
I see everyone rush toward me
I panic
Not knowing what to do with the bat
Everything goes in slow motion
I can't hear anything
It is almost as if it is a scene from the patriot, or some other war movie
babies are left on the couch crying while there mothers scramble for treats
I see my uncle dive in the middle of the pile
elbows are thrown
Sometimes if it gets to serious, a punch or two
You have to protect your stash
Just when you think its over
someone grabs the upper body and dumps the rest of the goods out
It's true, only animals fight over food
but when the pinata breaks
It's on

No comments:

Post a Comment